1. The Preslar Art Initiatives web site is offline until further notice. It will reopen at a different place soon.
2. April Mitchell exhibit at Estancia Serenova is being extended.
3. We might have another popup exhibit during October. Stay tuned.
4. The new art magazine is being pushed back to autumn.
Flowers and Grasses - Tanaka Totsugen (19th century, #Japan) #art
Portland business turn to street artists to help deter graffiti taggers
Upcoming pop-up #art exhibit
June 28-July 28
featuring April Mitchell
at Alice Tarbell Cultural Space at Estancia Serenova
Hey folks, we decided to call off this weekend's queer art party in the woods... Bad timing, with last minute construction activities. Those who wanted to come will get a raincheck during July.
#Art as social practice
"Bringing more women's stories into symbolic spaces... is an important step in laying the foundations for a cultural change that consolidates gender equality."
We'd like to take this opportunity to acknowledge some of the artists who exhibited at the former Preslar Gallery (at least the ones on Twitter) and encourage everyone to follow them:
Here's what's changing right now:
1. We've discontinued the gallery as of today.
2. We will still have special events at @email@example.com this summer as time and space permit.
3. This fall, we're shifting gears to a quarterly art magazine.
Queer Art Party and Campout in the Woods
Friday, June 14-Saturday, June 15