#believeinfilm new Pentax film camera update just dropped!!
- Camera will be Half-frame, with photos being in vertical format
- Planning to incorporate manually set zone focusing system
- Electronically controlled shutter & aperture, some settings can be overridden
- Plan to add winding mechanism & rewinding crank
- Lens design was inspired by the Ricoh Auto Half (25mm f2.8, 4/3 design) & Pentax Espio Mini (32mm f3.5, 3/3 design)
Your Moment of Zen.
Toshiba produced this typewriter for offices starting in 1940. It has 1,172 Japanese and Chinese characters (as well as the Latin alphabet) on its horizontal cylinder. ✍️🧵
Say what you will about generative AI, it's certainly crammed all of my timelines with creepy fake-looking images that my friends keep posting as "Amazing!!" -- even friends who are art aficionados and I thought would know better. It's having a strange effect on me, which is a growing distaste and distrust of images themselves, as if the whole visible universe is being covered with some kind of slime.
It should be 100% required by law that anytime a piece of media gets "tax deleted", the corporation is required to first upload a copy to the Internet Archive.
I'm tired of hearing about AI, to be honest. I never cared for it. I don't respect people who use generative AI, and I despise companies that sell out people's data to train it. Yes, people will lose jobs to it, but the world will not be better for it. It's just that consequences are rarely immediately apparent in such complex systems.
In our latest #Mastodon for Android release, we're making it easier than ever to share profiles using QR codes, among a number of other usability improvements: