Let's talk about food!
1) What do you eat and drink?
2) What is your favourite way to eat mushrooms?
3) What is your favourite way to eat beans?
4) What is your favourite soup?
5) What are your favourite non-alcoholic beverages?
6) For after january, what are you favourite beers, wines and whiskies? =)
Currently combining vegan and dry january. Pictures are some of my favourite (and most-consumed) foods :)
Wow! Germany has had over 50% of its energy powered by renewable sources for the first time in 2021!
"Wind (27%), solar (10,4%), biomass (9,3%) and hydropower (3,7%) add up to 50,4%. Over 2019 this was still 45,9%. In 2010 it was 19,1%."
- created by Prof. Dr. Bruno Burger, from the 'Fraunhofer Institut für Solare Energiesysteme'
Diving into cognitive biases:
xkcd image explained:
1) Remember that often, we don't see the whole picture, and thus, conclusions might be biased.
2) Learning from 'successful' people might not be the best idea. Learn from everyone :)
Survivorship bias explained:
Facebook has to pay €500 to digital rights activist Max Schrems:
Cool! An insight in the source code of the BioNTech/Pfizer SARS-CoV-2-vaccin:
With translations in multiple languages!
Through Covid19, the young generation is asked for solidarity with the older generation.
Similarly, regarding the climate crisis, the older generation is asked for solidarity with the young generation.
To make sure you don't die, we stop meeting friends, having parties and do what young people normally do.
Please take the climate crisis seriously, consider to fly less, buy less and reduce your meat consumption. Thanks in advance! :-)
(idea from Werner Schouten in NRC)
A fediverse christmas? :) Come join us!